Download the updated unit conversions here. To install this file:
- Save the Conversions.js file in some appropriately generic location.
- Open the /Library/Widgets folder, and control-click on the Unit Converter widget. Select “Show Package Contents”.
- Drag the file into the Unit Converter folder. Click Authenticate on the first dialog box, then Replace on the second dialog box, then enter in your password.
- Open Dashboard, click on the Unit Converter widget, and hit Command-R to refresh the widget.
Things I’ve fixed from the Apple-supplied version of the file:
- Added teaspoons, tablespoons, milliliters, imperial pints, and imperial quarts to the Volume conversion list.
- More accurately defined nearly all of the non-metric units in the Volume and Speed lists (the mi/hr to mi/min conversion in particular has a noticeable rounding error in the Apple-supplied version).